2015年3月17日 星期二

CFDA Celebrates Nominees, Honorees

Top of the Rock’s quintessential New York view provided the backdrop for the designers who gathered there Monday night for the 2015 CFDA Awards kickoff party. The Chosen (and The Not) huddled in with their well-wishers when CFDA president Diane von Furstenberg revealed who would receive this year’s four special awards and who is in the running for the other six. They were also informed about how this year’s big awards — for women’s wear, accessories and men’s wear — were meant to be more like the Oscars, with five nominees for each category. And like the Oscars, there were a few unscripted moments. Betsey Johnson bounced up to the podium when von Furstenberg named her as this year’s Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award winner. “I just want to say this is my ultimate beyond OMFG moment,” Johnson said. “I did not think I would ever want it because I didn’t want to be 72.” After Johnson told the crowd that the dress she was wearing was from 1965, von Furstenberg needed only an “OK darling” to deftly keep the program moving. Millard “Mickey” Drexler, this year’s Founder’s Award winner, was also in the crowd, though after the announcements, the seemingly pleased

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.


Read More...



from WWD » CFDA Celebrates Nominees http://ift.tt/1FxLzIZ

via IFTTT

沒有留言:

張貼留言