2015年3月17日 星期二

Model Call: Maria Borges

Maria Borges, the 22-year-old model from Angola in southern Africa, has only been modeling for about three-and-a-half years. But with two Victoria’s Secret fashion shows; a Givenchy campaign (and multiple Givenchy exclusives); editorials in W, Vanity Fair and Vogue Italia, to name but a few, and most recently, her first cover for L’Officiel Singapore, she’s enjoyed a jam-packed career thus far. (And she’s made her family very proud: “They are going crazy about my pictures,” she said.) Borges, repped by Supreme, has lived in Manhattan for several years. In heavily-accented English (she’s taking classes to learn the language), she described her mind-set when working the runways: “I’m selling this dress, so it’s the best dress on the runway. If they dress me like a boy, I have to walk like a boy — let’s do it. And if I’m wearing Victoria’s Secret lingerie, then I’m a sexy, beautiful woman.” WWD: How did you start modeling? Maria Borges: I was in a competition for Elite Model Look. I didn’t win. Sometimes you lose. It happens. So I didn’t win, but it was a good opportunity to travel to Portugal, and I met one of my agents there. I did a fashion show in Portugal

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.


Read More...



from WWD » Model Call: Maria Borges http://ift.tt/1Cpy4Km

via IFTTT

沒有留言:

張貼留言