2015年3月17日 星期二

Riccardo Tisci Makes His Mark in Men’s

When Givenchy management first asked its buzzy couturier Riccardo Tisci if he would also take over men’s wear back in 2008, the Italian designer initially hesitated. “I started out small because I wanted to see if I was capable of doing it,” he recalls. “I had never done men’s wear, and I didn’t want to fail.” As if. Setting a daring template informed by the energy of the street and tinged with sexual provocation, the Italian designer quickly became one of men’s wear’s most influential and original practitioners—and commercial success has followed. The designer says men’s wear now represents half of the Givenchy business, and this month the brand received a high-profile showcase: a new flagship in the Marais district of Paris conceived by Tisci and housing an array of men’s products spanning from sleek suits to the coolest T-shirts and sneakers. Among its furnishings is a giant Persian rug, a key leitmotif in Tisci’s fall collection, hailed by retailers and editors alike as one of the strongest in Paris, rich in surface decoration—from allover carpet prints to dense, tar-like sequins—and deftly mixing muscular tailoring with edgy casual items, from gunshot sweatshirts to kilts worn over pants. The designer—who marks his 10th anniversary at the

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.


Read More...



from WWD » Shadowbox Boxing Studio Opens in New York http://ift.tt/1AWJWOC

via IFTTT

沒有留言:

張貼留言